xorg.conf

Hi everybody,

I'm new to this list. Got a VGN-Z21VN two weeks ago. My system is Crux
2.5 with kernel 2.6.28.4. I mostly use the intel card. Xbacklight works fine with intel, but apparently not with nvidia, at least the last time I tried it.

My biggest problem was getting X11 to work properly. While experimenting, I encountered all kinds of of weird effects - keyboard and mouse not working, maximal resolution 800x600, wrong keybord layout, and so on. What I finally came up with are 2 xorg.conf versions, one for each card, with evdev disabled.

As I'm nothing less than an X expert, I wonder if anybody has a single xorg.conf which works in all cases (stamina LED on, speed LED on,
no LED on)?

Greetings,
Bernd

--