First step in switching graphics cards: Running Stamina mode only

Hi,

I just uploaded a new version of sony_laptop.c to
http://www.basyskom.org/~eva/log_installation_vaio_z21vnx.html
It allows to run linux in full Stamina mode without Windows XP mode :-)

Using this version of sony_laptop resets also all possible settings from a
Windows XP reboot, thus it won't be able to run linux in speed mode with this
version. Certainly replacing the module by its original version brings back
the original behaviour.

Unfortunately the PCI system doesn't really recognize the change and still
shows the 00:02.0 Intel graphics controller and the 01:00.0 Nvidia graphics
controller, but not the 00:02.1 Intel card. So if you use scripts to switch
your X.org config, this will break.

We haven't tested the same with Speed mode, as my laptop hasn't the Nvidia
card configured and we cannot say wether the Nvidia card is fully initialised.
If you are brave, you might give it a try and let us know...
For that you need to change line 2933 from sony_dgpu_off() to sony_dgpu_on()
and also the led switch two lines above.

For more info see also http://thinkfat.blogspot.com/

Have fun,
Eva

--
Eva Brucherseifer
Managing Director

basysKom GmbH
Robert-Bosch-Str. 7 | 64293 Darmstadt | Germany
Tel: +49 6151 3969-961 | Fax: -736 | Mobile: +49 170 5533642
eva.brucherseifer@xxxxxxxxxxx | www.basyskom.de

Handelsregister: Darmstadt HRB 9352
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Eva Brucherseifer

Follow ups