Re: Sound problem on Z21 M/N

Hello,

under Ubuntu you can write in /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base :

options snd-hda-intel model=sony-assamd

which solves this problem for me. other ppl use "model=vaio".
Still the microphone wont work, which is a pitty.

Julius

xaxapa schrieb:
Hi everybody and thanks for advance for your help.

I'm running Ubuntu 8.10 on a new Sony Vaio VGN-Z21MN. For the moment I
just use Stamina mode but I'm very interested on working with both
graphics cards and to be able to adjust brightness.

But I've an other problem with sound. It runs on headphones and on
speakers but speaker continue to run when I plug headphones. Have you
got this problem ? What's your /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base ?

Thanks for your help I'm a newbie !

Xaxapa