Re: First step in switching graphics cards: Running Stamina mode only

Hi Julius,

in the meantime I also started Nvidia tests and indeed it doesn't work. In
speed mode the card is enabled, the speed LED is correctly on, but according
to the X log the output doesn't seem to be working.
AFAIK there is a switch on the mainboard, routing either the output of the
Intel card or the Nvidida card to VGA output. This switch seems to be the
problem and we don't have an idea about the right now.

Am So Februar 15 2009 23:10:54 schrieb Julius Donnert:
> Hi Eva,
>
> thanks for the upload, that sounds exciting. Im looking forward to try
> it out.
> The line you describe is when i got the permission denied. I will try
> again, when i have 0.5 installed. btw we should try to get those changes
> in the main kernel at some point. Did you talk to the sony-laptop
> maintainer, or what is the plan ?

Currently we Matze is mostly testing and creating some infrastructure. It is
not really cleaned up so a kernel maintainer probably would need to help here.
Also we are not sure the driver doesn't cause trouble on other sony models.

Cheers,
Eva

--
Eva Brucherseifer
Managing Director

basysKom GmbH
Robert-Bosch-Str. 7 | 64293 Darmstadt | Germany
Tel: +49 6151 3969-961 | Fax: -736 | Mobile: +49 170 5533642
eva.brucherseifer@xxxxxxxxxxx | www.basyskom.de

Handelsregister: Darmstadt HRB 9352
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Eva Brucherseifer