Re: Release 0.8 sony-laptop.c

Matthias Welwarsky schrieb:
On Sunday 29 March 2009 19:55:54 Bernd Eggink wrote:
Eva Brucherseifer schrieb:
Hi,

Matze and I have prepared an update to the sony-laptop module with the
following changes:

- Integrated support for kernel versions 2.6.27 to 2.6.29
- uncomplete decoded buttons are not releasing key input events anymore
(e.g. rfkill and stamina/speed)
- known bug: stamina/speed switch gives same acpi event for both
positions - known bug: rfkill doesn't work properly if hw switch is off
when module is being loaded
- if you load the module with speed_stamina=3 the acpi graphics card
settings are not being touched. This is usefull if you want to run nvidia
xp settings.

More information as usual at
http://www.basyskom.org/~eva/log_installation_vaio_z21vnx.html
Download at http://www.basyskom.org/~eva/sony-laptop-zseries-0.8.tar.bz2

We are looking forward to your test reports.
Thanks a lot! Most things works quite well, but on my system (kernel
2.6.29) the wireless switch doesn't produce ACPI events any more!

Yes, as far as I followed the discussion on the linux-acpi list this is intentional. Rfkill is supposed to be handled through hal and not acpid, so there are no acpi events generated any more.

Argh. Too bad. I don't know anything about hal, but configuring hal appears to be a real pain in comparison to handling acpi events.

Maybe someone on the list can give a short description how to trigger a script when the wireless switch is changed?

Regards,
Bernd

--
Bernd Eggink