HDD Load Cycles problem

Dears,
many of you know the problem with the power-management of the HDDs
(https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PowerManagement) in Ubuntu (but it derives from
the hardware vendor's choices and it is present in other distributions).

I have a problem with my Z21MN: my hard-drive is going to die. The
load-cycle-count is raising:
# sudo smartctl -a /dev/sda | grep Load_Cycle_Count
193 Load_Cycle_Count        0x0032   100   100   000    Old_age   Always
      -       943

The actual count is '943' but I got my laptop since one week...

I've read a lot of documentation about the problem but the strange fact
is that the count raise also with the AC connected, with laptop-mode
disabled and with a 'hdparm -B 255 /dev/sda' (HDD power-mngmt disabled!).

You you have similar problems? I'm using Ubuntu Jaunty (beta).

Regards,
Mario

Follow ups