Re: HDD Load Cycles problem

I don't know if it helps but my 3+ years old Sony Vaio SZ (not Z) has a
large count:

avilella@magneto:~$ sudo smartctl -a /dev/sda | grep Load_Cycle_Count
193 Load_Cycle_Count        0x0032   086   086   000    Old_age
Always       -       296594

and it hasn't given me much problems. You are right in pointing the
PowerManagement issues though: this is something that should be taken care
of and it's good that all affected users report it.

Cheers,

    Albert.