Re: Ebuild for KDE Plasmoid for controlling rfkill devices from the desktop

Am So Mai 17 2009 16:39:57 schrieb Guillaume BINET:
> Hi Eva,
>
> It compiles and works ok on gentoo.
> Please find the ebuild below.
>
> The detection for the physical switch worked well too. NetworkManager
> doesn't come back cleanly after that so I had to restart it but this is
> probably unrelated.

This works fine over here. I rather have networking issues when coming back
after resume.

> 2 things :
>
> - I have the 5100AGN and sony-wifi listed is it normal ?

This is normal, because it is coded in a generic way. There is a config dialog
where you can deselect those and also you can adapt the ordering of devices.

> - I first tried to put it on a panel but it didn't played well with it. It
> would be great to have all the states within an icon !

Yes, it is not supported right now. Do you have an idea on how to visually
represent the states in one icon (and still be working with an undefined
number of devices)? However, an extender might be a way to go, as it is being
used for the device plasmoid.

Which KDE version do you have? Does the layout work for you? I have sizing
issues here and sometimes one of the checkboxes is misplaced. I don't have any
idea on how to fix that. Might be a Qt 4.4 bug.

> Thanks for the plasmoid !
>
> Guillaume BINET.
>
> plasmoid-applet-killswitch-0.5.ebuild :
>
> -----------
> # Copyright 1999-2008 Gentoo Foundation
> # Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2
> # $Header: $
>
> EAPI="2"
>
> inherit kde4-base
>
> DESCRIPTION="This KDE plasmoid controls rfkill devices from the desktop.
> The plasmoid is generic, so it can be used on any hardware for controlling
> any rfkill devices"
> HOMEPAGE="http://www.basyskom.org/~eva/log_installation_vaio_z21vnx.html";
> SRC_URI="http://www.basyskom.org/~eva/${P}.tar.bz2";
>
> LICENSE="GPL-3"
license is LGPL-2.1+
(your version still has LGPL-2, I have updated version 0.5.1 under LGPL-2.1+)

Cheers,
Eva

--
Eva Brucherseifer
Managing Director

basysKom GmbH
Robert-Bosch-Str. 7 | 64293 Darmstadt | Germany
Tel: +49 6151 3969-961 | Fax: -736 | Mobile: +49 170 5533642
eva.brucherseifer@xxxxxxxxxxx | www.basyskom.de

Handelsregister: Darmstadt HRB 9352
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Eva Brucherseifer