Re: further power saving

Didine wrote:
> Can you please tell me what did you done to reach the 10W average ? in
> detail please :)

To reach the 10W I've used on a standard Jaunty the following points:
- laptop-mode enabled (package 'laptop-mode-tools'); looks at the
modules proposed by laptop-mode; I'm using only: intel-sata-powermgmt,
sched-mc-power-savings, usb-autosuspend;
- don't think to lock the cpufreq to the lowest frequency: this is bad
for power usage;
- rfkill on the bluetooth device (I'm using a personal laptop-module for
this);
- lower (but not lowest) LCD brightness;
- with the specific module laptop-mode can tweak the power management of
the driver iwlagn but it uses the interface
/sys/class/net/$IF/device/power_level; I use to do a further 'iwconfig
wlan0 power on' with great difference (I'm using a personal
laptop-module for this);
- I would disable the hal polling on the CD drive but actually there is
a bug in Jaunty (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/hal/+bug/358390);

That's all!

Mario