Re: Release: KDE Plasmoid for controlling rfkill devices from the desktop

Hello Piernicola,

thanks for your feedback!

Am Mo Mai 18 2009 17:41:16 schrieb Piernicola Oliva:
> Dear Eva,
> thanks a lot for your work!
> I tried to install you plasmoid in kubuntu 9.04 jaunty (sony-laptop-zseries
> v0.9).
> I had problems running ./install.sh:
>  the command kde4-config --install modules --expandvars returns an empty
> string for me.

kde4-config is a standard tool of KDE. Maybe it is called "kde-config" in
ubuntu? However, it _should_ return the standard paths of KDE.
It's a nice tool btw - try kde-config --help

> However I moved by hand plasma_applet_killswitch.so to /usr/lib/kde4/ and
> the plasmoid works.
> I can confirm the layout issues.
> Moreover I see 2 WWAN entries (sony-wwan and hso-0).
That's normal as the tool shows all rfkill devices. Use the config dialog to
hide those devices you do not want to see (such as hso-0 and 5100AN).

> If I switch off the hardware button, checkbox are disabled BUT hso-0.
Actually it should disappear. If not, that's a bug.

> Moreover when I switch off the hw button, I get the following error:
>
> The application KBluetooth4 - The KDE4 Bluetooth Framework (kbluetooth4)
> crashed and caused the signal 11 (SIGSEGV).
> Please help us improve the software you use by filing a report at
> http://bugs.kde.org. Useful details include how to reproduce the error,
> documents that were loaded, etc.

As you noted in your other email, this is not related to the plasmoid.

Cheers,
Eva