Restart vs. Shutdown Question

Hey everyone, I am still having issues with restart, machine hangs on
restart, fan still running yet no keys work, monitor is off, etc.  Shutting
down is no problem, nor is Suspend or Hibernate...I have been working pretty
hard lately, and haven't had a lot of time to address the issue, but now
it's gotten annoying enough that I'm on a mission to fix it today.

I am not sure if it has been mentioned, I certainly didn't see it in
Launchpad. Please point me in the right direction if Eva has addressed this,
or anyone else has a thread on this already...

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Anthony

Follow ups