Re: Nvidia/Intel switching and energy saving

On Mi, 17 Jun 2009, Bernd Eggink wrote:
> >	~10W with Intel card
> >	~12W with nVidia card
>
> Could you please post the brightness setting as well? That would help
> comparing the results, as the backlight is one of the top power consumers.

Sorry, forgot that. Both were at the lowest possible value before
turning completely black.

> A somewhat weird thing is that I get this low value only if wlan is
> powered on and running. After shutting sony-wifi down, power consumption
>  goes up by ~1 W! - Can anybody explain this behaviour??

I will try that out.

Best wishes

Norbert

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@xxxxxxxx>        Vienna University of Technology
Debian Developer <preining@xxxxxxxxxx>                         Debian TeX Group
DRAFFAN (n.)
An infuriating person who always manages to look much more dashing
that anyone else by turning up unshaven and hangover at a formal
party.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff