Re: Eva's module vs 2.6.30

Mario schrieb:
Dears,
In these days I'm trying to use the kernel 2.6.30 on my Ubuntu Jaunty to
solve some intel-related problems. Now I don't have freezes but:
- the internal microphone is gone (regression with the option
'model=toshiba-s06'...); :(
- the wireless card has some problems with 802.11n networks after the
resume of the laptop; I've actually disabled the 802.11n features of the
card;
- the brightness control in Jaunty now looks strange: the granularity of
the value is augmented (you have to hit many times the brightness
keys... :) ).

I'm still using Eva's module but I'm just wondering if I still need it
with kernel 2.6.30: what are the differences? I'm using the Intel
graphics card. I guess sony module in 2.6.30 can't disable (for power
saving) the nvidia card, but what about the rest? Multimedia keys?

For me everything works under kernel 2.6.30 the same as under 2.6.29, so I don't think the sony-laptop module is to blame for such problems. Mind you, I'm not a Ubuntu user. Did you re-compile the module under 2.6.30?

Greetings,
Bernd

--
Bernd Eggink