Re: WWAN on Vaio VGN-Z41WD

Am Dienstag 28. Juli 2009 21:47:56 schrieb Paolo Tosco:
> [CentOS 5.3] Only one issue is left: the WWAN card. The only
> way to use it is activate it under Windows Vista, then reboot (without
> the "acpi_osi=!Windows 2006" kernel option or Windows settings will be
> erased, which means that it is impossible to activate the Nvidia card if
> one wants to use the WWAN module). I read some posts explaining how to
> make it work using the gobi firmware loader
> (http://www.codon.org.uk/~mjg59/gobi_loader/), but I was not successful.
> The main problem is that, unless one boots in Windows Vista first, the
> WWAN module is not even listed among USB modules by lsusb. Can someone
> give any help on this point?

I just use these scripts for (de)activating wwan card (using Eva's Module):

wwan-on:
echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/sony-laptop/wwanpower
echo 1 > /sys/class/rfkill/rfkill2/state

wwan-off:
echo 0 > /sys/class/rfkill/rfkill2/state
echo 0 > /sys/devices/platform/sony-laptop/wwanpower

Very important: Battery have to be inside your laptop!!

HTH, Klaus