Re: grub2 and acpi_osi

On Do, 08 Okt 2009, Raphael Gradenwitz wrote:
> My /boot/grub/grub.cfg has the same entry like yours but the quotes do
> not survive the boot process, the quotes are removed in /proc/cmdline
> and that results in wrong interpretation by the kernel.

I'm not sure whether this counts, I mean what you see in /proc/cmdline.
The cmd line arguments there are anyway merged together, I still believe
that the kernel gets the right argument, although the /proc/cmdline
does not show the quotes. And in fact that is right, because the
quotes are not part of the argument.

And in fact here on my laptop switching works without any problems.

So are you sure that these additional quotes are necessary? I am not.

Thanks for the rest of information, will look that up.

Best wishes

Norbert

Dr. Norbert Preining                                        Associate Professor
JAIST Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology   preining@xxxxxxxxxxx
Vienna University of Technology                               preining@xxxxxxxx
Debian Developer (Debian TeX Task Force)                    preining@xxxxxxxxxx
I'm going to have a look.'
He glanced round at the others.
`Is no one going to say, "No you can't possibly, let me go
instead"?'
They all shook their heads.
`Oh well.'
                 --- Ford attempting to be heroic whilst being seiged by
                 --- Shooty and Bangbang.