Re: @Raphael: xorg.conf.NVIDIA

Hi Johannes,

Am Mittwoch, den 04.11.2009, 17:36 +0100 schrieb Johannes Kabisch:
> thanx for the reply. Should have read your instructions more carefully.
> No that your modul installs fine, the xorg.conf.NVIDIA is not loaded.
> I installed the nvidia drivers through the envyng-script, since that was the only possible way since apt-get nvidia-glx-185 for some reason doesn't do the job. (Flickering screen right before X starts).
> Everytime I boot up with speed-switch, I have to manually copy the xorg.conf.NVIDIA to xorg.conf and then log out and on again.

As I wrote in my tutorial:

Install the nvidia driver:
Now we can Install the packages jockey-gtk and nvidia-settings:

sudo apt-get install jockey-gtk nvidia-settings

.. run /usr/bin/jockey-gtk, 'activate' the newest available nvidia
driver and ..

backup xorg.conf for nvidia:

So, why are you trying to do things different and afterwards ask me for
help?
Please take the jockey Script for these steps like I wrote, then
immediatenely backup the xorg.conf and than run the script 'update-gl'
That's all.

> I have attached the switch-to-x Logfile.

That Logfile is not the right one! That is only for reloading the rc
settings for the tool 'nvidia-setting' which you first have to create (I
explained it all in the tutorial)
The script
  'update-gl'
is the most important from all! That one will install the right
upstart-jobs and makes everything run as it should. Did you run
update-gl?

> I also noticed that my computer is running hot, meaning the fan is on all the time (in both modes STAMINA/SPEED). I don't recall this being the same way with Ubuntu 9.04. Is your machine running normal?

I do not have such problems at all!

> Hope you have some suggestions.

I hope this helps..

Wenn du Hilfe auf deutsch benötigst, schreibe mir privat.

Regards,

Raphael