sony-laptop-zseries-0.9np3

Hi everyone,

I have played around today on the train ride in Japan, and released
	sony-laptop-zseries 0.9np3

Changes:
0.9np3:
  - add some Makefile code suggested by Raphael Gradenwitz
  - add a dkms.conf file
  - add nvidia_bl.c module source code from Mario Schwalbe
    it crashed my kernel (black screen, nothing working but Sysrq), but
    it might be worth investigating its features.
  - bring sony-laptop.c in line with upstream's code from the kernel,
    and guard all changes with #ifdef SONY_LAPTOP
  - change key handling to match what there is in the kernel, that is
    commit [master 85b4f88], and might break some functionality.

So the interesting points:
- (for Raphael) you can change your dkms descriptions, and changes.

- nvidia_bl: that is a kernel module I found on my hard disk ;-) It
  is not of mine. It works (somehow). When I compile and load it while
  running hte nvida card I can change the brightness via
	/sys/class/backlight/nvidia-backlight/brightness
  but the Fn- keys still use the sony-laptop brightness because that
  is what is loaded first.
  My idea is (see TODO) to include the code of nvidia_bl.c into the
  sony-laptop.c module, and switch the brightness depending on the
  speed/stamina mode selected. Well, that is the idea. But in fact
  I have no idea how to implement it ;-)

- sony-laptop an dupstream
  I have changed loads of code in sony-laptop.c to better match the
  code currently in the linux kernel. Furthermore I have embedded all
  the code changes into #ifdef SONY_ZSERIES and define that on the top
  of the module. This way it is obvious what has actually been changed
  from upstream. That hopefully makes it easier to adapt upstream changes,
  and maybe merge some things back.

  BUT: Here is a way to that some things are broken!!! The key event code
  has been changed. I adopted the upstream way, so if something is broken
  please let me know.

Well, as usual,
 http://www.logic.at/people/preining/software/sony-laptop-zseries-0.9np3.tar.gz

Enjoy, and don't wonder if it burns your laptop, no responsability taken!

Best wishes

Norbert

Dr. Norbert Preining                                        Associate Professor
JAIST Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology   preining@xxxxxxxxxxx
Vienna University of Technology                               preining@xxxxxxxx
Debian Developer (Debian TeX Task Force)                    preining@xxxxxxxxxx
DULEEK (n.)
Sudden realisation, as you lie in bed waiting for the alarm to go off,
that it should have gone off an hour ago.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff

Follow ups