Re: vaio Z 3G Modem

Hi André,

I may be mistaken, but the Z41 (like my Z31) should have a Qualcomm
Gobi WWAN module. This should be fully supported via the qcserial
kernel module starting with the 2.6.31 series kernels. Ubuntu's 9.10
alpha and beta did support it fully so that the 3G connection
automatically appeared in network-manager (using Gnome).

Right now it does not work and I haven't yet found the time to investigate.

What was interesting though: on my system Norbert's rfkill-applet
(0.6) only shows bluetooth and WIFI, no WWAN.

Cheers
Mike