Re: VAIO US models vs Europe Models

Hallo Mohammad,

Am Samstag, den 14.11.2009, 22:51 +0330 schrieb Mohammad Milad Naseri:
> I don't know if I'm just being stupid or not, but I have noticed that
> the model names given to VAIO computers sold in the US are different
> from those sold elsewhere. I am in possession of a VAIO Z530N
> computer, and since I don't know what Zxx model my VAIO is equivalent
> to, I cannot find model-specific instructions for my VAIO.

How about this here:

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-list.pl?mdl=VGN-Z530N&region_id=1

>  I also have followed the instructions on this mailing list, but as of
> yet, I'm unable to run Ubuntu Karmic on my PC.
> Everything goes fine, but as soon as I install the switch-x script, my
> X goes down, and after the first reboot, I cannot start Ubuntu again
> (even in recovery mode).

I need more details to help you:

How did you install the switch-x script, with the update-gl script?
How is the stamina-speed slider switched?
Did you install the NVIDIA driver, and how (with the jockey-script) and
what Version?
Did you add the kernel commandline like discribed in the wiki?
etc..

Regards,

Raphael