VAIO US models vs Europe Models

Hi,
I don't know if I'm just being stupid or not, but I have noticed that the
model names given to VAIO computers sold in the US are different from those
sold elsewhere. I am in possession of a VAIO Z530N computer, and since I
don't know what Zxx model my VAIO is equivalent to, I cannot find
model-specific instructions for my VAIO. I also have followed the
instructions on this mailing list, but as of yet, I'm unable to run Ubuntu
Karmic on my PC.
Everything goes fine, but as soon as I install the switch-x script, my X
goes down, and after the first reboot, I cannot start Ubuntu again (even in
recovery mode).

Follow ups