Re: sony-laptop-zseries 0.9np4

Hello Danilo Šegan

Am Montag, den 16.11.2009, 15:02 -0600 schrieb Danilo Šegan:
> Perhaps we should try to see how we can automatically figure out a
> difference.  I've never played with DSDT tables, so I have no idea how
> to figure it out.  Does anyone know how do we figure out a BIOS version
> (programmatically)?

man dmidecode

    bios_vendor=`dmidecode -s bios-vendor`
    bios_version=`dmidecode -s bios-version`
    bios_release_date=`dmidecode -s bios-release-date`

I already use that in the sony-VGN-Zseries-janitor script to check what
BIOS is running. In future, as soon as I know what BIOS-/Modell
combinations need what configuration, I want to automate that

http://global-social.net/tiki-view_blog.php?blogId=3#sony-VGN-Zseries-janitor

Regards,

Raphael