Re: sony-laptop-zseries 0.9np4

vick wrote:

Perhaps we should try to see how we can automatically figure out a
difference.  I've never played with DSDT tables, so I have no idea how
to figure it out.  Does anyone know how do we figure out a BIOS version
(programmatically)?

I don't think it matters, the new option should work with the old BIOS versions as well and if someone could test it out to make sure this can become permanent instead of an option.

I can support compatibility of this new module (without setting the any flag): My Qualcomm card (05c6:9221) did switch on/off with the 0.9np3dev module and still does with this one.

# dmidecode -s system-product-name
VGN-Z690J
# dmidecode -s bios-version
R3052M3