Re: Some findings: W7 vs Linux, Intel vs nVidia, BIOS versions

Hello Norbert,

I did not go to all the hassles you had, but installed Windows 7 with
VirtualBox. Since VT works with the appropriate BIOS hack and VirtualBox
supports 3D acceleration now, this solution is fine for me. If using
fullscreen VM with VirtualBox-addons (VB graphics driver, etc.), the
integration is perfect, allowing also for file exchange between W7 and
Linux via mounted directories.

So, in summary, since W7 under VirtualBox works like a charm, this could
be a possible road to go. (While not solving the underlying deeper
issues).

Best regards,
Philipp