Re: Some findings: W7 vs Linux, Intel vs nVidia, BIOS versions

On Tue, 2009-11-17 at 13:09 +0100, Philipp Blanke wrote:
> Hello Norbert,
>
> I did not go to all the hassles you had, but installed Windows 7 with
> VirtualBox. Since VT works with the appropriate BIOS hack and VirtualBox
> supports 3D acceleration now, this solution is fine for me. If using
> fullscreen VM with VirtualBox-addons (VB graphics driver, etc.), the
> integration is perfect, allowing also for file exchange between W7 and
> Linux via mounted directories.
>
> So, in summary, since W7 under VirtualBox works like a charm, this could
> be a possible road to go. (While not solving the underlying deeper
> issues).
>
> Best regards,
> Philipp

Hi Philipp,

what about quality of sound (audio support) under VirtualBox? I have
serious troubles with this part of system setup. I found some reports of
the same problem on VirtualBox.org forum, but without any relevant
solution.

So far, the combination Ubuntu Karmic 9.10 x86-64 (host) + Windows 7
Ultimate x86 (guest)  has terrible problems with audio setup.

Any experience from your site?

Thanks in advance, Michal