Re: clean up script!!!

Hello Raphael,

thanks for your reply!

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 9:18 PM, Raphael Gradenwitz <
raphael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> Am Dienstag, den 17.11.2009, 20:16 +0100 schrieb Peter Kis:
> > I have same problem like Michal:
> >
> > > 2. kernel module 0.9np4 does not work at SPEED mode ... monitor
> > > blinking and system freezing during start up  (Z41XD model)
> >
> > but I am using opensuse rather than ubuntu. So your sript will not
> > work on my system. Could you explain me how can I solve this issue
> > without using the clean up script?
>
> Excuse me but my crystal ball does not show me what you have done on
> your system.

I have done only basic things such as
1) I have installed the sony-laptop-zseries-np4 kernel module for my 2.6.31
kernel
2) cat /etc/modprobe.d/50-sony-laptop.conf
 options sony-laptop speed_stamina=3
3) I have added the kernel parameter acpi_osi="!Windows 2006"

The result is that the Intel card works fine and the stamina/speed LED
started to work, but when I boot in speed mode the screen is blinking etc.

It does not even show me If your system uses upstart or
> sysv-rc.

Now you should make the crystal ball work because I cannot answer your
question:-( How could I decide whether the system uses "upstat" or
"sysv-rc"?

Best Regards

Peter