Re: Some findings: W7 vs Linux, Intel vs nVidia, BIOS versions

Rule of thumb: if sound does not work correct and you use Gnome, chances
are good that the reason is pulseaudio. Because of that, I simply
deinstalled pulseaudio and just use the installed ALSA, i.e., configure
all applications I need (skype, mplayer, mpd, ...) to use ALSA.

Configuring applications to use ALSA without deinstalling pulseaudio
will not give the expected result, since the sound is routed through
pulseaudio nonetheless. This can lead to glitches.

In summary: deinstall pulseaudio, configure VirtualBox to use ALSA and
there are no more glitches.

Cheers,
Philipp

--