Grub2 and MBR

Hi,

I'm going to reinstall ubuntu on my sony Z21. The first time I installed it (jaunty), I was afraid of "tainted" bios/HD so I configure Vista NTLDR to add a grub-legacy entry.
Now, I read that Grub2 cannot be installed on an extended partition, so I don't know what to do.

How do you do for dual boot with Vista? Have you installed Grub2 on the MBR?
If not, is there anybody tried to install grub2 on an extended partition (on my Z21, it's the same partition that the one where ubuntu is installed) ?

Thanks a lot.

Christophe