Re: Ubuntu Express Card issues

Hi André,

Am Dienstag, den 01.12.2009, 10:38 +0100 schrieb André Bergner:
> 2009/11/30 Raphael Gradenwitz <raphael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>         Am Montag, den 30.11.2009, 16:10 +0100 schrieb André Bergner:
>         > Now, I have another problem. I'm using (or better I would
>         like to use)
>         > a soundcard which is an express card model (Echo Indigo
>         IOx).
>         > The drivers come with Ubuntu and it should work out of the
>         box.
>         > However, it does not work on my Vaio Z41WD. It works fine
>         under vista
>         > but under linux it doesn't even appear in `lspci`.
>

>         What is the echo from
>
>         lsmod|grep snd-indigoiox
>

> It's not there. Also if I load it by hand nothing happens

> Mmh, I don't think that this is a bug in the driver.
>

> Since I don't get any message from the system, when I plug the card in
> I rather assume something more fundamental.
>

> I don't find that express card module Wayde was mentioning. However, I
> would assume that Express card support shoud com out of the box.

of course!

> What possibilities for testing and error traacking do I have. Are
> there any listeners, with which I can check if the system reacts to
> the card somehow?

Question: Is your pci-port hidden bi BIOS?
The express-card Slott is connected on Port1 here. (Port2 is used by the
Nettwork controlers] the other 4 Ports are unused (on my system)

You could first use the device mananager

        sudo apt-get gnome-device-manager

to see if the pci-bridge PCI-Express Port 1 is visible.

If not, enter in your BIOS and undhide (enable) it there. Here my
settings for PCI-Bridge 1:

VC1 (Virtual Channel) should be [auto]
VC1/TCMapping                   [TC7]

ASPM      [disabled]
ARR       [disabled]
FER       [disabled]
NFER      [disabled]
CER       [disabled]
CTO       [disabled]
SEFE      [disabled]
SENFE     [disabled]
SECE      [disabled]

PME Interupt                    [enabled]
PME Sci                         [enabled]
Hot Plug SCI                    [enabled]

I hope this helps you,

Regards,

Raphael