Re: Update BIOS (only Linux installed)

10 PRINT "I promise to not send stupid questions to this mailing list. I will use Google as a filter to verify that I'm not even thinking about asking stupid questions."

20 GOTO 10

> Well, probably because they want to force us to update the bios so
> that the bios hacking  (that grub2 EFI thingy) cannot be used anymore.
> And with that new bios there is another important change: The BIOS
> does NOT support booting with the nvidia card. With the new bios
> it will be ALWAYS the intel card.
>
> That also means that as long as linux cannot switch the soft way
> updating the bios means that the nvdia card is LOST for linux!!!!

That's something, isn't it? Probably there is no way to find the latest BIOS that presents the Nvidia card, still having the EFI support, and as well will work for Windows 7.

I see three options:

1. Build a custom BIOS.
2. Fix Linux to do the soft switch trick.
3. Change hardware manufacturer.

Probably 3 is the easiest. Just curious, is there any work done/ideas around the second option above?

(I did Google the question "Just curious, is there any work done/ideas around the second option above?" and pressed the "I'm feeling lucky" button but it presented me to http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19512_7-10265889-233.html that doesn't seem related because iPhone isn't Sony - yet)

:)

Regards,
David

Follow ups