Re: hybrid graphics cold switch

On Mi, 09 Dez 2009, Patrick Valdellon wrote:
> what exactly are you expecting not to work? nvidia drivers? I'll try
> installing win7 on this efi tonight.

I have posted problems here regarding older bioses and W7. THe main
problem I have with 2168a (unlocked fro VT) is that the hardware
keys for brightness do not work.

Going to the newest 2170 fixes that, but breaks hardware graphics card
switch because bios always boots in intel mode.

>  I snooped around a bit in the archives and read stuff on this and other
> sites, before i wrote my first email. I got the feeling xp was still needed
> to do the switching, that's why i reported my findings

I think the web site of Raphael is posted in every second email on this
list, please *read* it and you would have known that there is
absolutely no need to run XP for switching.

(Argg, as Raphael said, it feels since ages that this is known)

Best wishes

Norbert
JAIST, Japan            TU Wien, Austria           Debian TeX Task Force
`Maybe somebody here tipped off the Galactic Police,' said
Trillian. `Everybody saw you come in.'
`You mean they want to arrest me over the phone?' said
Zaphod, `Could be. I'm a pretty dangerous dude when I'm
cornered.'
`Yeah,' said a voice from under the table [Ford's now
completely rat- arsed at this point], `you go to pieces so
fast people get hit by the shrapnel.'
                 --- Zaphod getting paranoid over a phone call.