Re: Driving 2 external monitors using both cards - possible?

Both cards can use the VGA port, but only the NVIDA can use HDMI. My
setup has only one external monitor but it has both, HDMI and VGA
inputs. For convenience reason I keep both ports connected to the Sony
Z series docking station. That allows me to use the external monitor
with both cards each using the best possible connection.

While using the NVIDIA card, the "NVIDIA X Server Settings"
application shows me the external monitor two times, once for each
connection. Therefore it looks as if the Vaio Z is able to drive three
monitors at once. But only via the NVIDIA card.

For X itself, no special setup is required. Just use "NVIDIA X Server Settings".

Cheers
Mike