Re: VGN-Zseries-janitor now supports debian (without upstart)

Happy new year to all,
This is to thank Raphael and to testify that the janitor and the how to at
http://global-social.net/sony-VGN-Zseries worked flawlessly with my Z555DN,
running Ubuntu Karmic 32 bit and the new Bios update R2169M3 with out the
need to downgrade to XP from Vista. I use the HDMI output a lot which worked
very well, albeit the sound is still coming from the laptop instead of the
TV and I am still working on it, and the screen switch needs to be done from
the system->Administration->Nvidia X server settings not the Fn+F7 key but
that is not a big deal for me. Everything else, the led, fan, wireless, blue
tooth, sound, mic, webcam, sleep, hibernate are working as far as I can see.
the bios update solved a problem where the machine would not power down
automatically during the reboot.

Thank you, I can now proceed with removing Vista from my laptop
Happy Holidays,
Rex