Re: Touchpad configuration

Hello Mike,

The touchpad is not capable of recognizing two fingers. It is possible
two emulate two-finger scrolling, though. But because it is an
emulation it's not perfect. It will trigger a two-finger event when
yoe use two fingers, or one big finger like the thumb sideways. I
don't know about your Desktop environment, I use KDE and configure my
mouse pad with the .fdi file I wrote about.

The settings necessary in
/usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/20thirdparty/11-x11-synaptics.fdi are:
<merge key="input.x11_options.VertTwoFingerScroll" type="string">1</merge>
<merge key="input.x11_options.HorizTwoFingerScroll"
type="string">1</merge> #scrolling sideways with two fingers
<merge key="input.x11_options.EmulateTwoFingerMinZ"
type="string">70</merge> #play around with "synclient -m10" to find a
value good for you
<merge key="input.x11_options.EmulateTwoFingerMinW"
type="string">0</merge> #This musst be 0 to work!

For more settings please read my previous mail.

br,
    Patrick