power consumption high

Hi all
I am using ubuntu 9.04 32 bit version on Sony-vaio vgn  with 64 bit processor.
I am attaching the powertop output and output of /cat/proc/interrupts in 5 mins time interval.
The
problem is that kernel ipi interrupts and interrupts from from
keyboard/mouse/touchpad are very high and so the wake-ups from idle are
as high as 400 per sec. This is ruining my battery life.
When I am using vista laptop runs for at least 3hrs with full load and
on ubuntu with nominal usage also it doesnt run for more than 1.5hrs
max.
Power consumption is also high .(ususally above 25 watts)

If anyone has faced a similar issue or has solved it please help me out too.

If more info is needed please tell me i'll add it too.

Regards
Vrinda