Re: VGN-Zseries-janitor now supports debian (without upstart)

Hello All,
Thanks again to Raphael, I am reporting that the sound and switch part works
as Raphael says here, for future reference, I am pasting them out:
----------
If you are using Pulse Audio, You must change your audio output to
Digital while hdmi is connected, that will give you the hdmi audio to
work. Works everything perfect here.
----------
(apt-get install padevchooser will give you pulse audio device chooser which
will make this easier, but it is not a must)
----------
For the two X-Screens, generate the xorg.conf file with
'nvidia-settings' and save it as 'xorg.conf.NVIDIA_2X-Screens' and the
normal (for one X-Screen) as 'xorg.conf.NVIDIA_1X-Screen' etc
(twinview ..) I only have to link the X- config I want to use to
xorg.conf.NVIDIA

ln -sf xorg.conf.NVIDIA_2X-Screens /etc/X11/xorg.conf.NVIDIA
or
ln -sf xorg.conf.NVIDIA_1X-Screen /etc/X11/xorg.conf.NVIDIA
or
ln -sf xorg.conf.NVIDIA_twinview /etc/X11/xorg.conf.NVIDIA

then run

       sudo switch-x-to nvidia
       restart gdm
-------
(this works so well I put it in a launcher and placed the icon in GNOME DO
as Raphael describes below)
-------
How you can assign events to Key-Combinations (like Fn+F7) is
       described inside of the 'acpi_create_nv_event' script. You can
       create your own event and assign it to that key-combination.
       Then you can start a script that does some detection and
       settings of your choice (eg. the above explained linkings) Not a
       big problem ;-)
------

a lot of tools that I use are 32 bit, so I installed a 32 bit architecture.
these include Eclipse EPF, XProcess, FlexBuilder. I have heard that it maybe
possible to run a chrooted 32 bit inside 64 bit for these tools, but have
not been able to pin point a good guide on it. since most of these tools
need X, I am at a loss to set them up. any help is appreciated though.

Happy Holidays,
Rex
P.S. Kept Vista, but asked my wife to put a password on it and don't give it
to me no matter what!
PPS. Couldn't find a way to change the BIOS back to R2168M3, if you have a
Z555DN, DONOT use the bios upgrade, follow Raphael's link.