Re: Problems setting up nvidia card

I tried the Janitor but apparently it is not working. When I run the script
I get an error with sony-laptop kernel module:
 * This script was created for Ubuntu 9.04, Codename "jaunty"
*
 * you are running Ubuntu 9.10, Codename "karmic"
*
 * OK, that one is newer than jaunty and supported. Good!
*
Press ENTER to continue

    resynchronizing the package index files from apt-sources.
     - apt-get -qq update .... finished
 * This is a Sony VAIO VGN-Z5 with INSYDE BIOS Version R5030M3
*
 * For the moment this looks good enough to proceed..
*
Press ENTER to continue

    OK, lets go:
    ============

    check the version of "/usr/share/sony-laptop/switch-x-to"
     - installed version: "23.12.2009_09:18"
     - available version: "23.12.2009_09:18"
       newest version of the switch-x-to script already installed.
       you may create a settings (-rc) file with nvidia-settings
       and add its path into the file "/etc/default/switch-x-to" by hand.
Press ENTER to continue

    check version of the installed "sony-laptop" kernel module
     - installed version: "0.6"
     - available version: "0.9np5"
    There is a new version of the sony-laptop kernel module available.
Upgrade?
    Make your choice: ([y]es or [n]o) [yes]:
/usr/local/bin/sony-VGN-Zseries-janitor: line 1386: $1: cannot assign in
this way

     - nVidia StartLogo is currently visible. Hide? ([y]es or [n]o) [no]:

I add the option GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="acpi_osi=\\\"!Windows 7\\\"" before I
run the script I am not sure if this ok.

I tested by not hidding the nvidia logo but I can't see it even after I
uncommented it from the xorg.conf.NVIDIA file. Also in stamina mode when I
run the lspci I still get the nvidia as a VGA adaptor.

Anyone know what is going on?