Re: Problems setting up nvidia card

Hi Bruno!

I can't help you with the kmod problem of yours, but I'm sure Raphael
(the creator and maintainer) will jump in soon.
Just some tips: You cannot run win7 and linux with the same BIOS.
BIOS 4040M3 is (currently) the latest working for linux, 4043M3 is the
oldest version working for win7.
This mostly applies to the nvidia graphics. there are minor issues
with brightness keys with intel gma etc.
with 4043 or 50xx your nvidia card won't work in linux, with 4040 it's
the same for nvidia in win7.
Raphael uses vista, but you can also just switch bioses if you're not
afraid of flashing, and don't plan on switching between the OSs
frequently.
btw, the correct entry in /etc/default/grub (if you haven't upgraded
from jaunty) is:
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="acpi_osi=\\\"!Windows 2006\\\""

br,
               Patrick