nvidia 190.53 drivers with wine

Hello there,

Perhaps this is not the best place to pose this question, but the vaio
z's graphics seem to be the root of various different problems, so I
figured I would at least ask.  I am running 64 bit ubuntu karmic and
apparently wine needs 32 bit graphics libraries even on a 64-bit OS,
so I was wondering if it is ok to simply install the 32-bit drivers on
top of what I already have.  Or will that simply smash all the
symlinks? My 3D support for native linux apps seems to be fine using
the nvidia card.  Also, I don't have this problem if I use the jockey
script to install the drivers.  I assume that the FTP download only
installs the 64-bit drivers, as would make sense for a 64 bit system.
But then why does the jockey work? As you can see, I am quite
confused.  I would just use the 185 drivers, but they seem to have
slight problems with heat and performance, and would really be
appreciate being able to use the newer driver.

Jason

Follow ups