Re: Is this a worthy contender to the high-priced Vaio Zs?

Thank you all for replying and excuse me for not catching your replys!

I must agree with Patrick, the screen on Z is brilliant.
> But CPU is very hot and pointless and there's neither a need for CD
> drive or VGA-port. Its not a thin laptop neither.
> If they made a Y-series with same screen, I'd buy it right away and
> throw my Z to trash where it belongs.

Mine runs hot most of the time as well, usually due to Virtual Box running
all day.

> > Don't underestimate the value of a good display! If you bought a VAIO
> > Z in 2008 your GPU and/or your CPU might seem old by now. This is true
> > for any computer, but the 1600x900 display is still unmatched by any
> > other 13" notebook on the market! (except the new Zs) The wide color
> > gamut and wide viewing angles also don't dmininisch over time. A
> > cheaper laptop might seem equal on paper, but if you got used to a
> > wide viewing angle and a high resolution, not having them anymore can
> > be a pain.

Excuse my ignorance, but why am I only getting a 1366x768 resolution on my
Vaio?
Model VGN-Z520N (Actual Model # PCG-6X1L)

I would love to get some help on this one ASAP...