Lucid Lynx + nvidia = does it work for anyone?

Hi all,
sorry for asking if it has been already asked or solved before - but is there
a way how to get nvidia working on Lucid Lynx? It worked for me on Karmic but
after upgrade, it seems that everything went fine, I used the janitor script
(BTW it is really really great, thanks a lot for it!) but later I noticed that
direct rendering does not work; I tried to google and found this URL [1] but
the suggested solution does not work for me. The weird thing is that there's
no error in my X.Org log (I can provide it if needed), everything seems to be
OK. But glxinfo says:
Error: couldn't find RGB GLX visual or fbconfig

Also, I verified using update-alternatives that nvidia is selected.

Thanks a lot for any feedback,
Tomas
[1] https://lists.launchpad.net/sony-vaio-z-series/msg01028.html