Re: Lucid Lynx + nvidia = does it work for anyone?

Hi gapon,

yes it's possible to run Lucid Lynx with nvidia driver full
resolution, wifi, sound, hibernation, ... (no suspend, no brightness
control in my case) as described on
http://questier.com/2010/04/26/ubuntu-10-4-lucid-lynx-on-sony-vaio-vpcz11x9e/

My glxinfo starts as:
name of display: :0.0
display: :0  screen: 0
direct rendering: Yes
server glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
server glx version string: 1.4

But you didn't mention which model you have.
The Z-series are now very diverse, so I would like to encourage
everybody to include in every mail the model she is talking about.
I have a Sony Vaio VPCZ11X9E which describes itself on the LCD panel
as VPCZ1. (core i5 Intel graphics + nvidia GT 330M)

Frederik