Re: Installing Kubuntu on VPC-Z1190X Laptop

As far as I can tell from the doodle, there are two groups of
sony-vaio-z-series models:

(1) sony-vaio-z-series09: models released in early 2009: VGNZ**.
(2) sony-vaio-z-series10: models released in early 2010: VPCZ**,
including the VPCZ11.

The sony-vaio-z-series09 has a good howto, a janitor script and a few
other Linux tweaks, but
the sony-vaio-z-series10 is a different beast, with the BIOS and RAID
peculiarities.

Cheers,

Albert.