Re: Installing Kubuntu on VPC-Z1190X Laptop

Hi Zithras

First, i think grub 2 do not handle RAID :) (some time ago i don't know for now)
there is 3 different version of ubuntu, desktop , alternate and server

for the 9.10 the desktop one was crap for raid disk, (and even the alternate i think)

Personally I used the 9.04 alternate to install my computer (VPCZ11X9) and then I upgraded... to the 9.10 (10.04 wasn't out yet) and then 10.04. That way I already had a old enough kernel to do the trick ( booting on old to select nvidia graphic card
and booting on the 2.6.32-22)

if you manage to install it and after it bugs use a live cd to change you /boot/grub/menu.lst and put the nomodset option (see other post) then you will have bad resolution but readable one .. and then install the nvidia driver)

to make it work afterward see the other post
some other info on my
https://lists.launchpad.net/sony-vaio-z-series/msg01240.html