Re: sony-laptop (z11 2010)

Hi Kang,

first of all, please always contact the sony vaio Z mailing list
for all issues, not me personally.
	sony-vaio-z-series@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On So, 23 Mai 2010, kang wrote:
> What I need the module for mainly is switching hybrid graphics so that I
> can start Xorg more easily.
>
> When switching it's complaining (and failing) with :
>
> \_SB.PCI0.VGAO._DSM failed: 5
>
> I extracted the acpi DSDT table which seems to contain information about
> this but i'm unable to figure out how to read it at the moment

Neither am I ... could it be that you have a too new BIOS?

Maybe someone else can help here, but all that hypbrid graphcis
card switching is a pain because nobody gives specification.

Best wishes

Norbert
AIGBURTH (n.)
Any piece of readily identifiable anatomy found amongst cooked meat.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff

Follow ups