Re: Ubuntu Jaunty & kernel 2.6.32 & sony-laptop-zseries-0.9np5

Hi Mario,

У уто, 06. 07 2010. у 17:41 +0200, Mario пише:
> I can confirm (looking at the power usage using powertop) that the
> module in not correctly activated on the first boot. The stamina mode
> is only activated after a suspend-resume cycle. This behaviour
> appeared in Lucid (not present in Jaunty).
>
> A question for the Ubuntu Lucid users using only the stamina mode: is
> your stamina led on after the first boot of the system?

It is for me.

It might depend on your sony-laptop module configuration.  I believe
default is auto-detect (read from the hardware switch position), but
that never worked too well for me, so I set it directly to 'stamina':

$ cat /etc/modprobe.d/sony-laptop.conf
options sony-laptop speed_stamina=0

It does work for me, but I usually rfkill wwan and bluetooth (at least
for bluetooth you can do this with the standard icon on the panel).  For
killing wwan I usually do:

# cd /sys/class/rfkill && for i in *; do echo "`cat $i/name` ($i): `cat
$i/state`"; done
phy0 (rfkill1): 1
sony-wifi (rfkill2): 1
sony-bluetooth (rfkill3): 0
sony-wwan (rfkill4): 1

And then "echo 0 >rfkill4/state" if that's what sony-wwan is under.

I don't know about the lspci output, but it does show 'ff' for me as
well (I usually only suspend the laptop, so that's what might be causing
it).

Danilo