Re: Ubuntu Jaunty & kernel 2.6.32 & sony-laptop-zseries-0.9np5

У уто, 06. 07 2010. у 18:14 +0200, Mario пише:

> I'm sure that the extra power usage is due to the nvidia card that is
> still active after the first boot: I keep all everithing unchanged
> (wifi and bluetooth on), just a suspend-resume cycle. The power usage
> goes from 18-21W to 13-14W.

For me it tops at 15W-16W right from the boot (depending on what I am
doing), but with wwan and bt off it goes down to 12-13W.  I need not
suspend-resume to get that.

> > I don't know about the lspci output, but it does show 'ff' for me as
> > well (I usually only suspend the laptop, so that's what might be causing
> > it).
>
> The strangeness in the lspci output is that the only differences are
> the revision number. I remember that one of the card disappear after
> the module activation.

I believe that's how it used to work for me as well, but the card
doesn't disappear anymore.  I am not bothered with it since power usage
seems fine (it might be something related to hot-switching in more
recent kernels that causes this, though this is a very wild guess).

Cheers,
Danilo