Gobi Modem not working under Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid on Vaio Z41

Hi Vaio-Z-Linux team,

did anybody manage to get the build-in Gobi UMTS modem to work with
Ubuntu Lucid?
It works fine with my Karmic installation.

I don't understand where the problem is. The device gets loaded by the
qcserial module ( /dev/ttyUSB0 is visible ).
But when I run lsusb I still see only   05c6:9221 Qualcomm, Inc.   and
not   05c6:9222 Qualcomm, Inc.
I've compiled and installed the gobi_loader and copied the correct
firmware in the correct place.
No success.

Anybody having an idea or similar problems.

regards,
André

Follow ups