Re: Problems with Kubuntu 10.10 on Sony VAIO VGN-Z21VN_X

Danilo,
thanks for your reply.
In my case the problem was the broken upgrade to maverick.
I have made a new installation of Kubuntu 10.10 and used the
sony-VGN-Zseries-janitor script (with kernel 2.6.35-22-generic) and it
 works almost perfectly.
I am able to use both the graphic cards.

I say 'almost perfectly' because when I use the intel card the desktop
effect are always disabled at the beginning and I have to switch them
on each time...

Cheers,
pier