Re: Intel Flash support

> I think the reason because you can't get compiz to work, is because
> nvidia messed up your librarys.

	I've now created a workaround for this at:

http://www.voip-x.co.uk/files/adam/upstart-vaioz-gfx.tar.bz2

	As usual with everything I've done it carries a health warning, may not
work at all, and even if it does may only work on Kubuntu 10.04 64bit.
Obviously feedback to the list if it DOES work is useful.

	This is essentially a script which tries to determine which card SHOULD
be active, and which files are currently on the system. If the two don't
match, it saves the current GL libs etc and replaces them with ( hopefully )
the correct ones. You should be able to install the NVidia driver in speed
mode, and the standard intel X stuff in stamina mode, and they should be
preserved. It needs work to make it more generic really, but there you go, its
a start.

	To install, untar the file as root in to /. You will also need to edit
either /etc/init/kdm.conf or /etc/init/gdm.conf so that the display manager
isn't started until after this. To do that, change the section in the
appropriate file from:

start on (filesystem
          and started dbus
          and (graphics-device-added fb0 PRIMARY_DEVICE_FOR_DISPLAY=1

	to:

start on (filesystem
          and started dbus
          and started vaioz-gfx-config
          and (graphics-device-added fb0 PRIMARY_DEVICE_FOR_DISPLAY=1

Adam.