Re: Intel Flash support

Hi Adam, list

I've tried to use your script, but I wasn't able to get 3D
acceleration working that way. The nvidia and xorg libraries get mixed
up all the time.

However, I have modified your script, based on the standard
/etc/alternatives configuration functionality, see the script below.
Now I am able to use both intel AND nvidia 3D acceleration (using the
2.6.28 kernel to enable nvidia).

Can you check if this works for you too? I seems like a much cleaner solution.

Note: When switching to the other graphics card I need to restart the
X server for everything to work as expected. It seems this is because
when booting on stamina, the X server is immediately started on the
framebuffer, even before the below script is run and the libraries are
set correctly. When booting on speed mode the X server is also started
to early it seems. Anyway an x server restart fixes everything.

#!/bin/sh -e
#

modprobe sony-laptop 2>/dev/null

set_alternatives_to_intel()
{
        echo "Intel card active."
        update-alternatives --set gl_conf /usr/lib/mesa/ld.so.conf
        ldconfig
        return 0
}

set_alternatives_to_nvidia()
{
        echo "NVidia card active."
        update-alternatives --set gl_conf /usr/lib/nvidia-current/ld.so.conf
        ldconfig
        return 0
}

if [ "$(uname -r)" = "2.6.35-rc6-vaioz" -o "$(uname -r)" =
"2.6.35-vaioz" -o "$(uname -r)" = "2.6.36-rc3-vaioz" -o "$(uname -r)"
= "2.6.36-0-vaioz" ]
then
        [ "$(cat /sys/devices/platform/sony-laptop/speed_stamina)" =
"stamina" ] && set_alternatives_to_intel || set_alternatives_to_nvidia
fi

exit 0